Standby Medical Services
When a crowd gathers, there is a tendency for someone to need medical attention; let SEMS provide added peace of mind by remaining on-hand in case of an emergency at your event. Stamford EMS provides medical stand-by emergency response services to public events, competitions, private venues, parties, and much more. Two levels of our professional event medical coverage is offered, each ranging from single attendants to full paramedic crews.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Emergency medical technicians provide you with basic emergency medical care. Capabilities include: airway management, oxygen delivery, applying dressings and bandages, spine stabilization, splinting of extremities, monitoring vital signs, administering CPR and using an AED.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) Paramedics provide BLS capabilities as well as: advanced airway management, cardiac monitoring and defibrillation, IV administration, administer life-saving drugs to handle severe traumatic and medical emergencies.
Additionally, our all-terrain Emergency Medical Cart (EMCAT ) is available for large areas or rugged terrain. Ill and injured victims are transported to an ambulance, waiting in a safe and accessible location.
Note: Stamford ordinances require the availability of onsite medical professionals for crowds of 500 or more people.
We offer volunteer opportunities for currently certified EMTs. Our program gives you the opportunity to ride on an ambulance using your skills and getting hands-on experience, encouraging progression to full Partner, working side-by-side with our paramedics once obtaining the necessary experience.
Community CPR Education
Stamford EMS offers American Heart Association CPR courses and National Safety Council Defensive Driving programs specifically designed to fit your organization’s needs and budget. Click here for more information.
We are always happy to visit schools, churches, and civic groups to present on our mission or health and safety.
- Youth Demonstrations – SEMS provides EMS demonstrations to schools, both public and private, to educate youngsters about proper use of 9-1-1 and about personal safety.
- Drunk Driving Awareness Seminars for Students – To combat the tragedies caused by drunk driving accidents, SEMS partners with local police and fire departments to create a mock accident. This hopes to raise student awareness of the dangers of driving under the influence of alcohol.
- File of Life Program – SEMS educates residents on this vital program that allows seniors to document their medical history, medications being taken, allergies to medication, next of kin, religion, doctor’s name and other pertinent medical information. This document is kept in a red packet on the refrigerator. When SEMS responds, we know to look for the File of Life and use the information to assist in the care of that patient. This is especially important when the patient is unable to offer this information.Need a new File of Life Insert? Download it here!
Honor Guard – The Stamford EMS Honor Guard provides funeral honors for active and veteran first responders. The Honor Guard also provides honors and ceremonies at parades, awards ceremonies, memorials, and other formal events. Contact us for more information.